Gluten Free Allergen Friendly Communion Bread Recipe
This makes 4 loaves that are about 6 inches in diameter depending on how flat you make them. For more details and additional GF options, see https://gfcommunionbread.wordpress.com/
- Brown Rice Flour: 1 1/4 cup
- Tapioca flour: 1 1/4 cup
- Teff Flour: 1/2 cup
- Sugar: 1/4 cup
- Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Psyllium husks (whole): 6 T.
- Oil: 1/4 cup (and bit more for on top of loaves)
- apple cider vinegar: 1/2 tsp.
- Water: 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare baking pan by lining with parchment paper
- Mix all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Mix well with a whisk, and leave a well for mixing in wet ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients (oil, vinegar, water) & pour into dry ingredients.
- Mix until it comes together as a thick sticky batter.
- Divide into roughly 4 equal portions and shape into round loaves on the prepared pan. If you want the loaves scored with a cross, do so now and very lightly coat with oil.
- Put in oven for about 12 minutes (time may vary by oven or if you are baking multiple pans at once).
- Remove from oven to again coat lightly with oil and re-score the cross if desired. TURN OVEN UP to 400 degrees and bake approximately 12 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the loaves directly on cooling rack. COOL COMPLETELY.